Intersting results, considering I don't consider myself to be any of the top ten (or any of the rest of them, either) and was raised Catholic. I wonder what my mother would think of the number one group. Or my grandmother. I don't think Grandma would be pleased that I'm only 48% Roman Catholic. (Look how Quakery I am! Two Quaker groups in the top ten! ...Neo-Pagan...and New Age? The fuck? Usually whenever I'm talking about either of those groups, it's to mock them. And what the hell is Bahá'í, anyway?) 'Course, it's just a freakin' internet quiz, which means the results are flawed due to the nature of the limited and biased questioning. Still, I found it interesting, especially after hearing the first pleasant sermon at a Catholic church in decades this past Friday. Why does death bring out the best in priests? (Then again, he was young and enthusiastic with a very pleasant voice, which is persuasive in nearly any profession.)
Your Results:
The top score on the list below represents the faith that Belief-O-Matic, in its less than infinite wisdom, thinks most closely matches your beliefs. However, even a score of 100% does not mean that your views are all shared by this faith, or vice versa.
Belief-O-Matic then lists another 26 faiths in order of how much they have in common with your professed beliefs. The higher a faith appears on this list, the more closely it aligns with your thinking.
1. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (100%)
2. Liberal Quakers (95%)
3. Unitarian Universalism (83%)
4. Neo-Pagan (77%)
5. Orthodox Quaker (73%)
6. Reform Judaism (73%)
7. Bahá'í Faith (72%)
8. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (70%)
9. Sikhism (68%)
10. New Age (62%)
11. Jehovah's Witness (62%)
12. Secular Humanism (61%)
13. Mahayana Buddhism (60%)
14. Theravada Buddhism (58%)
15. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (58%)
16. Orthodox Judaism (55%)
17. Jainism (50%)
18. Taoism (49%)
19. Eastern Orthodox (48%)
20. Roman Catholic (48%)
21. Hinduism (47%)
22. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (47%)
23. Seventh Day Adventist (46%)
24. Islam (44%)
25. New Thought (39%)
26. Scientology (37%)
27. Nontheist (31%)
The Belief-O-Matic quiz can be taken here.



No comments:
Post a Comment