Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain...and most fools do.
- Benjamin Franklin

i'm in gryffindor!

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Falling in love

I was charmed by Pushing Daisies from the start of the first episode.

I swooned when they actually used the copious musical theater talents of Ms. Kristen Chenoweth when, a couple of weeks ago, they had her sing "Hopelessly Devoted To You" to herself while (mostly) alone in the pie shop.

Last night while watching the beginning of this week's episode, it occured to me, idle thought, that the show's producers, writers and directors had a real opportunity what with Ms. Chenoweth's character visiting the character played by Ms. Ellen Greene, another musical theater talent (she was the original Audrey in Little Shop of Horrors and has one hell of a set of pipes).

I then got goosebumps when, near the half-hour mark, Chenoweth started paraphrasing lines from They Might Be Giant's "Birdhouse in Your Soul," which is one of my favorite songs by the geektastic duo from Brooklyn.

And finally, I absolutely fell in love with Pushing Daisies, little hearts dancing around morphing into one giant heart surrounding all, when they came back from commercial to Chenoweth and Greene singing a duet of an abbreviated version of "BiYS."

Hooray for ABC picking up the whole season. Hooray, hooray, hooray!

No comments: