Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain...and most fools do.
- Benjamin Franklin

i'm in gryffindor!

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

1.7 million people agree

Rachel Maddow is ridiculously appealing. It's not just that I usually agree with her, it's that she's very funny and completely adorable, to the point that, when I disagree with her, I don't mind at all. She's an adorable lesbian of the same Adorable Lesbian school of Ellen DeGeneres, as in funny and smart and appealing in a totally non-threatening way, like a very sweet-natured and well-informed Maine Coon cat or an exceptionally intelligent dancing rabbit from NIMH. Only, you know, they're human and, being to-the-bone hetero, I have no inclination to pet their heads or scratch them behind the ears. I happily share my kitchen or living room with them, especially Ms. Maddow, as often as I can. Well, not in person. That would require a lot more housecleaning than I feel entirely up to at this point in time.

Still, if I were a lesbian, I'd totally have a crush on Rachel Maddow. I mean, look at those eyes! I think I'd like to find the male version of Rachel Maddow, only taller and, you know, male. He'd probably be gay, though. Or married. Or just not that into me. Well, screw you, Universe! I'm going to watch The Rachel Maddow Show and drink hot apple cider or maybe spiked hot chocolate and learn things and be entertained. So there.

Anyway, her sexuality totally not mattering at all, I think, is totally wonderful thing, in that it's a teeny tiny sign that we might be evolving as a culture, and moving forward towards the promise of America: equality, sans asteriks.

No comments: