Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain...and most fools do.
- Benjamin Franklin

i'm in gryffindor!

Wednesday, July 23, 2003

Why We Read Savage Love

Every once in a while, I click over to the a.v. club section of The Onion. First pieces read, natch, are the comics, because comics are fun!. Next, though, is always Dan Savage's love/sex advice column, "Savage Love." This week he's featuring DTMFA Q&As like this one:

For the last three and a half years, I have been in a semi-relationship with someone I met when he just got out of rehab. I stayed while he relapsed, went to prison, and went back through rehab. He's relapsed again. When I try to leave, he tells me he needs me for stability, or else he'll end up dead. I am emotionally and financially drained. Am I addicted to him, or am I just completely stupid?
Addicted To Love

You're not completely stupid, ATL, because you had the sense to ask someone to tell you to DUMP THE MOTHERFUCKER ALREADY! (DTMFA!) Trust me, the asshole won't end up dead. Like all user addict asshole bastards, your dumped motherfucker will quickly find some other fool to use and abuse. DTMFA!


Go read!