So, Hal gave me the nickname I'm using for this blog, along with a little help from the Angry Rabbit, and I'm thinking, "I can use that on my blog." I mean, I've used it on gag postcards. Why not here, on the internet?
Right, Kat.
There was a four(?)-issue series called "Where's it at, Sugar Kat?" back in the late nineties by a fellow named Woodrow Phoenix and ...oh, crap. I just cannot find my box with the collection of comics in it. As opposed to the graphic novels, which I cleverly packed as books and have neatly arranged on my bookshelves. Anyway, I'd picked the first issue up because of the name and my nickname and then picked up the rest 'cause it was the funny and I identified with Sugar Kat's sister (oddly enough).
Now, years and years later, I get this e-mail:
Right, Kat.
There was a four(?)-issue series called "Where's it at, Sugar Kat?" back in the late nineties by a fellow named Woodrow Phoenix and ...oh, crap. I just cannot find my box with the collection of comics in it. As opposed to the graphic novels, which I cleverly packed as books and have neatly arranged on my bookshelves. Anyway, I'd picked the first issue up because of the name and my nickname and then picked up the rest 'cause it was the funny and I identified with Sugar Kat's sister (oddly enough).
Now, years and years later, I get this e-mail:
Date:Sun, 16 Jan 2005 19:19:46 +0000
Subject:So, where IS it at?
From:'woodrow phoenix' <[snip for privacy's sake]> Add to Address Book
To: [snip]
Hello there.
I have spies everywhere but they are very slow at filing their reports. As co-creator of the WHERE'S IT AT, SUGAR KAT? book I was naturally intrigued when one of them told me about your blog. So far though, no evidence that you've ever read the comic book. So is your blog-du-plume [maybe that should be 'nom-du-blog'] merely coincidence...or SOMETHING MORE?
quizzically,
W P
Now I'm feeling all guilty, 'cause, like, dude, I've read the comics, but I had the nickname beforehand and thought there wouldn't be a problem. I didn't even remember the comic, to be honest, when I started up this account (and all of my other sugarkat-related accounts). Not that I didn't like it, but...it's my nickname.... *looks confused* Is there a problem? Now I have a problem, don't I? What do I doooooooooo? (wah!) *whimper*
Oh, this is the suck. All I need: another excuse to feel guilty. Like Mom doesn't help out on that enough already.
Plus, there's the weirdness of people I don't know reading my blog with the horror of someone whose work I've liked reading this P.O.S. blog. Oh, fuck fuck fuckity fuck-fuck. I'm embarrassed and guilty.
I need chocolate.
Should I be guilty? Crap. I hate it when I get angst-ridden!
Oh, this is the suck. All I need: another excuse to feel guilty. Like Mom doesn't help out on that enough already.
Plus, there's the weirdness of people I don't know reading my blog with the horror of someone whose work I've liked reading this P.O.S. blog. Oh, fuck fuck fuckity fuck-fuck. I'm embarrassed and guilty.
I need chocolate.
Should I be guilty? Crap. I hate it when I get angst-ridden!



No comments:
Post a Comment