Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain...and most fools do.
- Benjamin Franklin

i'm in gryffindor!

Thursday, September 13, 2007

All zeh writerz iz on teh LJ

Today's title is brought to you by the interweb and its funky-ass brand of pseudo-English.

So, la raison de poster: Today, rather than doing work I've been putting off for three days, I thought I'd check out Doris Egan's LiveJournal, as she generally posts something every three months or so, and it'd been even longer than that since I'd read her LJ.

Well, lo and behold, she had posted (back in July; I'm a laggard), and sweet jumpin' Jesus! She wrote about her books!

Why is the Good Lord jumpin', you ask? Because of this bit of parenthetical "spolier"y goodness on a possible-potential-probably-but-not-really fourth book in her Ivory series:
I find myself tempted to sprinkle a few spoilers for the fourth Ivory book; does it count as spoilers if the book is hypothetical? No? Then I can tell you that it would open several years later; that Ran and Theodora have two children, one adopted and one biological -- I know! -- and that Stereth is ready to initiate his coup and take over the throne. Which neither of our heroes wants to be involved with, and probably wouldn't be involved with, if only Kylla hadn't -- okay, that part I probably should keep to myself. You never know.

This post, overall, made me inordinately happy for all it was pretty much bad news for Ms. Egan the Novelist's fans. Possible reasons for my fangirl glee:
  • The Writer's Guild strike probably will happen, so, yes, she will be writing something non-television-related, so, yay.
  • This quote:
    If you visit Los Angeles and see the occasional group of zombies blinking at the light and shuffling blankly toward a parking lot? Those are television writers. Don't be put off; simply give them dark glasses and a soft place to nap for an hour, and they will be as newborn kittens in your hands.
While I do loves me some House, I'd really, really, really like Ms. Egan to get back on her novel-writing horse and ride, ride, ride, even if I never do find out what happens to Tal. *sigh*

No comments: