
Some of my relatives have pretensions about not watching the football games. Even when Abraham Lincoln, who first declared Thanksgiving a federal holiday, watched the football that day, only he called it the Civil War. What was he supposed to do, make conversation with Samuel P. Chase? That would have been cruel and inhuman, but then that's what Thanksgiving is all about.-Steven Goldman on watching football on Thanksgiving
I always think I'm going to enjoy Thanksgiving more than I actually do. At least my family knows how to make a nice, yummy, juicy turkey, unlike, apparently, every other white person's family out there.
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
That said, I enjoy listening to the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra play Strauss's waltzes far more than I probably should. There're probably few sights stranger than me dancing waltzes and polkas in my office chair seat.
That said, I enjoy listening to the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra play Strauss's waltzes far more than I probably should. There're probably few sights stranger than me dancing waltzes and polkas in my office chair seat.



No comments:
Post a Comment