ET has complained over two media of communication (in the comments on her blog and over the phone) that I haven't posted enough of late on my blog. Never mind the long-winded disclaimer I posted, um...when was that? Oh, right, October...about not posting as frequently anymore 'cause I'm, like, you know, busy with school and houseslave work and such.
I have a chapter test tomorrow in Japanese and cannot remember most of the chapter. I have an essay test on Dante's Inferno which has to incorporate a critical essay I was assigned, criticizing the criticism (which sounds like half-way to an English Ph.D. candidate's wet dream to me). I'm waaaay behind on my reading for three classes out of four, have to write five papers which I didn't hand in on time in three classes, have research to do on another, a proposal to write on a final project, as well as actually getting my arse in gear for the project (final total of pages: 7 creative work, 9 analysis of failure/success of creative work). My brain's about to bust.
Yes, it's still better than working for Evil Incorporated, a.k.a. my former job. Or for Evil Ltd., my job before that one.
I have nothing to write about. Really. Um, go look at the new pictures I posted this morning. My Hallowe'en pumpkin is there, looking stoned.
Stoned. That's the word I was looking for. I couldn't remember it. I wrote drugged instead. I knew it wasn't right, but I couldn't remember stoned. I wonder if I can change the subtitle on the pictures. D'oh.
Um, other than school. Um. Well, I've met a bunch of writers through one of my classes. Ha Jin showed up near the beginning of the semester with Leslie Epstein, who's not half as nice as Jin. Tobias Wolff came yesterday. I got a huge pile of books signed by him. Sorry, only family members. I couldn't figure out who else might like to read Tobias Wolff's new novel. Signed first editions, though. That's nice, eh?
Maurice Sendak and Tony Kushner are coming to Books of Wonder on November 15. Unfortunately, they won't be signing anything but their new books. Which sucks for those with Sendak collections (I wanted my The Bat Poet signed) and copies of Angels In America. I'll be in Boston that day, so it's a moot point for me (I was going to send Mom in with The Bat Poet).
Cornelia Funke, author of The Thief Lord will be there for a publication party this Thursday (I have class late in the day and can't make it) for her new book, Inkheart, while James Howe (Bunnicula was one of my favorite series when I was a kid), Tamora Pierce and Holly Black will be there November 16 (I'll be travelling back from Boston).
Um, well. I have to go finish making dinner, so if you'll excuse me....
I have a chapter test tomorrow in Japanese and cannot remember most of the chapter. I have an essay test on Dante's Inferno which has to incorporate a critical essay I was assigned, criticizing the criticism (which sounds like half-way to an English Ph.D. candidate's wet dream to me). I'm waaaay behind on my reading for three classes out of four, have to write five papers which I didn't hand in on time in three classes, have research to do on another, a proposal to write on a final project, as well as actually getting my arse in gear for the project (final total of pages: 7 creative work, 9 analysis of failure/success of creative work). My brain's about to bust.
Yes, it's still better than working for Evil Incorporated, a.k.a. my former job. Or for Evil Ltd., my job before that one.
I have nothing to write about. Really. Um, go look at the new pictures I posted this morning. My Hallowe'en pumpkin is there, looking stoned.
Stoned. That's the word I was looking for. I couldn't remember it. I wrote drugged instead. I knew it wasn't right, but I couldn't remember stoned. I wonder if I can change the subtitle on the pictures. D'oh.
Um, other than school. Um. Well, I've met a bunch of writers through one of my classes. Ha Jin showed up near the beginning of the semester with Leslie Epstein, who's not half as nice as Jin. Tobias Wolff came yesterday. I got a huge pile of books signed by him. Sorry, only family members. I couldn't figure out who else might like to read Tobias Wolff's new novel. Signed first editions, though. That's nice, eh?
Maurice Sendak and Tony Kushner are coming to Books of Wonder on November 15. Unfortunately, they won't be signing anything but their new books. Which sucks for those with Sendak collections (I wanted my The Bat Poet signed) and copies of Angels In America. I'll be in Boston that day, so it's a moot point for me (I was going to send Mom in with The Bat Poet).
Cornelia Funke, author of The Thief Lord will be there for a publication party this Thursday (I have class late in the day and can't make it) for her new book, Inkheart, while James Howe (Bunnicula was one of my favorite series when I was a kid), Tamora Pierce and Holly Black will be there November 16 (I'll be travelling back from Boston).
Um, well. I have to go finish making dinner, so if you'll excuse me....


