I can't get the VCR to tape off of the cable upstairs. The VCR downstairs works, but the wiring is gummed up in the living room where the DVR box is set up. This means I've been holding onto blocks of movies I DVR'd off of TCM (Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, Son of Frankenstein, Dracula, A Star Is Born, Pride of the Yankees, etc.) on the DVR instead of clearing up space to record new shows and movies.
I've missed out on a bunch of movies I wanted to see/keep on TCM as well as Starz! and Showtime and HBO. More importantly, I've had to watch the shows I record soon after they've been recorded so I can clear up space to record the other shows during the week.
This has made the whole point of having a DVR, as in you control when you watch what, moot. I have to watch the shows shortly after they're aired, as opposed to days later when I have the time and inclination. It's stupid and wrong, but I'm up until all hours clearing off shows, one by one. I've stopped recording some shows just to clear up space, but I refuse to give up my Sunday night Adult Swim, Alias, or the Smallville/Angel block on Wednesdays, as well as a bunch of other shows (some of which I would never, ever admit to watching to even my dearest friends).
This means my schedule's completely screwed and I haven't been sleeping right and I haven't been getting work done. All so I can watch television. That is just so...sigh stupid.
I've missed out on a bunch of movies I wanted to see/keep on TCM as well as Starz! and Showtime and HBO. More importantly, I've had to watch the shows I record soon after they've been recorded so I can clear up space to record the other shows during the week.
This has made the whole point of having a DVR, as in you control when you watch what, moot. I have to watch the shows shortly after they're aired, as opposed to days later when I have the time and inclination. It's stupid and wrong, but I'm up until all hours clearing off shows, one by one. I've stopped recording some shows just to clear up space, but I refuse to give up my Sunday night Adult Swim, Alias, or the Smallville/Angel block on Wednesdays, as well as a bunch of other shows (some of which I would never, ever admit to watching to even my dearest friends).
This means my schedule's completely screwed and I haven't been sleeping right and I haven't been getting work done. All so I can watch television. That is just so...sigh stupid.


