Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain...and most fools do.
- Benjamin Franklin

i'm in gryffindor!

Thursday, May 20, 2004

Good night, Angel

I want to thank all of the blessedly creative geniuses who have brought us the wonderful "Angel" these past five seasons. I'm very surprised and upset that The WB has decided to cancel "Angel" while it is obviously at its peak. The massive changes made this season, while disturbing to some fans, truly revitalized the show. I was very much looking forward to watching "Angel" for at least another couple of years, especially considering its relative success in the ratings (#2 show on The WB for 18-34 year olds, by The WB's own statement). I certainly hope that someone reconsiders and that "Angel" continues to grow and improve before our eyes. If it does not, all I can say is thank you very much, "Angel" cast & crew, for showing us the dark and sticky yet kinda funny and perversely lovely demonic underbelly of Hell A.

And heaven help you, Joss Whedon. You must've done something truly evil (like Big Bad evil) in a past life to suffer this crap these past couple of years. Sheesh. You poor bastard.

No comments: