As my birthday present, my mom took me to see the Yankees play Toronto today (well, now it's yesterday). It was a brilliant present, as the game was very good. First, I got to see El Duque pitch in his second game since his return. Second, Ted Lilly was pitching for the Blue Jays, and I've liked Lilly for a while now, in spite of his dodgy control when he pitched for the Yankees. (I'm still pissed off about that crap trade of Lilly for Jeff "I Suck" Weaver. Bleh-phooie Weaver. At least Lilly could earn a W on a reliable basis.) El Duque struck out ten, though he struggled a bit. Lilly was solid, though he had a shaky beginning. Lilly had a no-hitter for about, what, four innings. Neither of them allowed a run into the seventh, when relief stepped in to take over the mutual shut-out.
Very exciting, in spite of lack of Jeter. My nephew managed to spot Jeter on the bench using my binoculars, which was sweet of him, but I wish I could have seen Jeter play, especially since we were seated to the left of home plate (heh heh heh, cackles the pervy Yankees fan).
At any rate, Lilly and El Duque were quite good and the bullpens both held so the game went nil-nil until the bottom of the 9th, with two out, and the three of us hoping the game wouldn't go too far into extra innings as we were all very hungry. BAM! Ruben Sierra, one of my mom's favorites, hit a walk-off home run and the game was over in very dramatic fashion, with a nice, low score.
Huzzah! The Yankees yet again give me a very lovely birthday present, winning 1-0, even making sure my favored Lilly doesn't get the L. Cheers, boys!
Very exciting, in spite of lack of Jeter. My nephew managed to spot Jeter on the bench using my binoculars, which was sweet of him, but I wish I could have seen Jeter play, especially since we were seated to the left of home plate (heh heh heh, cackles the pervy Yankees fan).
At any rate, Lilly and El Duque were quite good and the bullpens both held so the game went nil-nil until the bottom of the 9th, with two out, and the three of us hoping the game wouldn't go too far into extra innings as we were all very hungry. BAM! Ruben Sierra, one of my mom's favorites, hit a walk-off home run and the game was over in very dramatic fashion, with a nice, low score.
Huzzah! The Yankees yet again give me a very lovely birthday present, winning 1-0, even making sure my favored Lilly doesn't get the L. Cheers, boys!



No comments:
Post a Comment