Went over to Amherst, Mass., yesterday, to do some grocery shopping. They have very nice Trader Joe's and Whole Foods stores there. We have frickin' crap-ass Price Chopper and Hannaford, which is barely an improvement on PC. Ick. Anyway, since I'm getting my student loan soon, I can buy my food again (which Mom prefers). I got some stuff at Trader Joe's, and a little bit from Whole Foods, mostly stuff under the Whole Foods brand which I know is good and can only get there (obviously). Among the things I bought was a large container of matzoh ball soup, which I have not had in years and years.
The last time I had it was the first time I'd had it. I can't remember if I liked it a lot then, or if it's really the very sweet memory of when I ate it that made me buy the soup. My boyfriend at the time served it to me because he was so worried about how sick I was. He said it was Jewish penicillin, which made me laugh (he was very good at making me laugh). He sat across from me while I ate it, not eating himself, and making sure I finished the bowl as he chatted away. He was the nicest guy I've dated, though my list of exboyfriends isn't very long at all. We were completely wrong for each other, but I'm glad we dated for a little while so I have these nice, warm memories to look back on instead of the crappy ones I have from dating the other jerks to whom I've had the poor taste to be romantically attached. So, I'll eat this matzoh ball soup and think nice thoughts his way, as he was chemically-imbalanced crazy but very, very sweet for a short while to a girl who was a complete mess in the head.
The last time I had it was the first time I'd had it. I can't remember if I liked it a lot then, or if it's really the very sweet memory of when I ate it that made me buy the soup. My boyfriend at the time served it to me because he was so worried about how sick I was. He said it was Jewish penicillin, which made me laugh (he was very good at making me laugh). He sat across from me while I ate it, not eating himself, and making sure I finished the bowl as he chatted away. He was the nicest guy I've dated, though my list of exboyfriends isn't very long at all. We were completely wrong for each other, but I'm glad we dated for a little while so I have these nice, warm memories to look back on instead of the crappy ones I have from dating the other jerks to whom I've had the poor taste to be romantically attached. So, I'll eat this matzoh ball soup and think nice thoughts his way, as he was chemically-imbalanced crazy but very, very sweet for a short while to a girl who was a complete mess in the head.



No comments:
Post a Comment