I saw Hellboy this Saturday! So happy! Yay my mom!
Liked it muchly, but that might be because I wasn't expecting much of it and came at it in terms of it being a movie, not in terms of how it interpreted the comic book. It was fun and funny and a little creepy, but mostly funny and fun. I suspect comic book fans might have been screaming, "Aw, fuck! Fuck! No! Shit! No! That's not--! Auugh! Bastards!" or some such, but I laughed and enjoyed myself immensely (the dialogue was occasionally stilted, but in a comic-book-y kind of way, so I accepted it for what it was).
Whee! Comic book movies!
I kinda want to see it again, mostly for Ron Perlman's performance, which I loved. My mom really liked the movie, too. She said now she has to get some huge-ass widescreen television so she can watch the Hellboy DVD appropriately. She adored Hellboy the character. Called him a "unique and very human superhero." (She collected Superman comics when she was a kid in the 1940s and '50s and feels herself to be an expert on the genre for some reason.) She now REALLY wants to go see Van Helsing. My crazy mom.
So, that's two thumbs up from the women of the Sugar Kat household for Hellboy.
Liked it muchly, but that might be because I wasn't expecting much of it and came at it in terms of it being a movie, not in terms of how it interpreted the comic book. It was fun and funny and a little creepy, but mostly funny and fun. I suspect comic book fans might have been screaming, "Aw, fuck! Fuck! No! Shit! No! That's not--! Auugh! Bastards!" or some such, but I laughed and enjoyed myself immensely (the dialogue was occasionally stilted, but in a comic-book-y kind of way, so I accepted it for what it was).
Whee! Comic book movies!
I kinda want to see it again, mostly for Ron Perlman's performance, which I loved. My mom really liked the movie, too. She said now she has to get some huge-ass widescreen television so she can watch the Hellboy DVD appropriately. She adored Hellboy the character. Called him a "unique and very human superhero." (She collected Superman comics when she was a kid in the 1940s and '50s and feels herself to be an expert on the genre for some reason.) She now REALLY wants to go see Van Helsing. My crazy mom.
So, that's two thumbs up from the women of the Sugar Kat household for Hellboy.


