
This is Lucy. Full name is Lucy-fur. Please forgive, Sam, Maggie. I didn't realize where I got the idea of naming her that until after Mom approved of the name. If it makes you feel any better, we usually call her Tall Girl, as she's freakin' huge. Apparently she's going to get bigger, as she's only about a year-and-a-half old and won't reach full growth until she's three. Giant cat.
If you're wondering about the pattern, she's tortie-point, which means the "points" (ears, face, paws, tail) are tortoise-shell-colored. The vet we got her from says she's part himalayan, part siamese. She has the siamese eyes and jumps like a siamese and is nearly as vocal as a siamese (you talk to her and she talks back...it's so cute!). But after looking over breeder sites, Mom and I think she may be Balinese instead, due to head shape, fur length, and leg proportions. Then again, her tail's too long, and her eyes are that color.... Maybe the vet's right.
She likes to play a lot. This is the youngest cat I've ever owned. Usually by the time my family gets a cat, it's grown past the "Let's play!" stage and is more settled into its adult cat ways. It's very amusing to watch a cat so big act like a kitten. She also has this funny tendency to throw herself down, thump! It's a bit like how a teenager going through growth spurts will throw his/herself down on chairs and sofas, thump!, in order to cover up physical awkwardness.
Her previous owners were an old woman with Alzheimer's and a woman with kidney failure. She spent the majority of her young like with the Alzheimer's patient. She's a little odd in her behavior, and Mom and I have come to the conclusion that the Alzheimer's patient may have abused her (without really understanding what she was doing). It's the way Lucy responds to people trying to touch her. She's affectionate and wants to be pet, but has this fear of being touched she doesn't know how to reconcile with her desire to be pet. She's very young, though, so Mom and I think we can help her deal with this weirdness and be more her silly, sweet Lucy-fur self.
She likes to play a lot. This is the youngest cat I've ever owned. Usually by the time my family gets a cat, it's grown past the "Let's play!" stage and is more settled into its adult cat ways. It's very amusing to watch a cat so big act like a kitten. She also has this funny tendency to throw herself down, thump! It's a bit like how a teenager going through growth spurts will throw his/herself down on chairs and sofas, thump!, in order to cover up physical awkwardness.
Her previous owners were an old woman with Alzheimer's and a woman with kidney failure. She spent the majority of her young like with the Alzheimer's patient. She's a little odd in her behavior, and Mom and I have come to the conclusion that the Alzheimer's patient may have abused her (without really understanding what she was doing). It's the way Lucy responds to people trying to touch her. She's affectionate and wants to be pet, but has this fear of being touched she doesn't know how to reconcile with her desire to be pet. She's very young, though, so Mom and I think we can help her deal with this weirdness and be more her silly, sweet Lucy-fur self.



2 comments:
All that having been said, I'm seriously considering renaming her Diana. I don't know why, except that seems to fit her personality a bit better than Lucy does. Lucy fit initially, but as she's become used to living here, she's changed. So her name has to change. It's kind of like the baby name and then the adult name you had in Japan. Still have in Japan? I dunno. I can't remember that part of the course very well.
Also, you can't tell from the picture, but her paws are very motley from the tortie. Her right hind leg is tortie-gold in front, tortie-brown in back, with a very clear delineation between the two. It's increadibly cute.
...I can't spell.
Post a Comment