I read this and started to cry. I cried a little when I saw the video from Louisiana on CBS this afternoon, realized I wouldn't stop if I kept watching, and proceeded to try and clean up the living room. Giving myself something pointless to do is nice and distracting, as I'm far away and have the luxury of straightening piles of books I'm reading, have read, and will read.
I can't do anything to help. I can do absolutely nothing but be angry and horrified and feel sympathy, all of which is entirely useless. And I read about Fats Domino being found and I cry. I hate being so useless. I'm sorry I'm so fucking useless, New Orleans. I'm sorry I can't help you, Louisiana. I'm sorry I can't do anything, Texas. I'm sorry all I've done is make a slightly neater mess of my living room and write this, Mississippi. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, New Orleans. I'm so sorry.
I can't do anything to help. I can do absolutely nothing but be angry and horrified and feel sympathy, all of which is entirely useless. And I read about Fats Domino being found and I cry. I hate being so useless. I'm sorry I'm so fucking useless, New Orleans. I'm sorry I can't help you, Louisiana. I'm sorry I can't do anything, Texas. I'm sorry all I've done is make a slightly neater mess of my living room and write this, Mississippi. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, New Orleans. I'm so sorry.



No comments:
Post a Comment