Saw The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King again today. Went to the "new" theater over on 34th between 8th and 9th. There were all of, like, four people in the theater, as we went to an afternoon showing on a Monday. It was like a private showing. It was awesome, especially since the seats were those nice, comfy stadium seats.
The movie's even better the second time around. It is different from the book, but I don't care. It's what it is, which is my new all-time favorite movie, bumping Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back out of the top spot for the first time since it was released. I'm on a RotK buzz. I'm so happy, I could cry. I want to see it again. (God how I love that sequence where they set off the bonfires from Gondor to Rohan. I feel like I'm soaring when I watch it.)
Well, I want to go see Master and Commander again and The Triplets of Belleville and then go see RotK again. With another huge-ass screen in a private screening. Yah, right. Super wicked-cool.
The movie's even better the second time around. It is different from the book, but I don't care. It's what it is, which is my new all-time favorite movie, bumping Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back out of the top spot for the first time since it was released. I'm on a RotK buzz. I'm so happy, I could cry. I want to see it again. (God how I love that sequence where they set off the bonfires from Gondor to Rohan. I feel like I'm soaring when I watch it.)
Well, I want to go see Master and Commander again and The Triplets of Belleville and then go see RotK again. With another huge-ass screen in a private screening. Yah, right. Super wicked-cool.


