Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain...and most fools do.
- Benjamin Franklin

i'm in gryffindor!

Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Return of the little trooper

Came back home Monday. Have done little but reset the DVR to shows which are returning and flip through Entertainment Weekly magazines which arrived while I was away.

I have not and probably will not finish the latest Honor Harrington book before the semester starts on Tuesday. It's difficult to focus on the book at this stage, even though I'm half-way through it, as I keep thinking about the movies I've seen instead of the book I'm reading. And nothing's happening in the book. I know something will, it's an Honor Harrington book, but nothing has and that does not stand up again memories of oliphaunts and ships of war and giants.

Halifax's novel is completely beyond my limited mental capacities this holiday break. I'm feeling guilty about that one. How soon do you need the critique, Mr. Slasher?

Mostly I just want to go see a couple more movies (saw Big Fish last Saturday, and it was good) and veg out. Unfortunately, I live in Smalbany, NY, where small films do not come and if they do come, they don't stay long enough for us to get out to see them. Also, I have work to do to prepare for the upcoming semester.

My brain's so dead, however, all I want to do is take the LotR personality quiz over and over again, as I'm just so dead thrilled to be Pippin.