One Toque Over The Line on Atkins and "carbs" and chefs:
Can somebody answer this question? What the Hell is wrong with the American dining public?
Let me get this straight. We[']re fat because we eat carbohydrates? Well, that certainly explains all the obese Asian cultures. [...]
As Chefs we have enough to deal with the general running of the kitchen and cooking food for people without mental problems. But when every third person comes in with some silly carb free craze[,] it really just fucks us up. It makes people ruin the food we create and when that happens, the gloves come off. If you really think that [...] leaving off the rice or the gnochi that we've spent an hour and half making will make you Claudia Schiffer, you're wrong. Stop blaming starches and driving Chefs crazy with your bullshit.
You might want to consider getting up and going for a walk. If you're too depressed to do that, I don't know what to say. Put down the bon bons, get the fuck up you bloated sack and get to doing something physical.
'Course, it would help if more places were like NYC (and many of its surrounding 'burbs) and had sidewalks. The main difference between my life here and my life in CT is that I have nowhere to walk except the road. I don't even want to be on the road with these insane drivers when I'm in a car. Like hell I'll give them the opportunity to hit me without the tons of steel surrounding my o-so-squishable flesh. Hardly anyone in America (outside of NYC) walks anywhere anymore. I'm thinking of starting some sort of campaign to get sidewalks and crosswalks put in every town in the country. Starting with my pathetic burg. 'Cause like hell I'm giving up my fancy-ass, Italian-monk-made pasta.



No comments:
Post a Comment