As well he should be. He's been more than a bit of an ass for the last few years, but it's good to see him rant at the right people for once. (Article requires free registration at The New York Times.)
Osama and Katrina - New York Times:
[...] An administration whose tax policy has been dominated by the toweringly selfish Grover Norquist - who has been quoted as saying: "I don't want to abolish government. I simply want to reduce it to the size where I can drag it into the bathroom and drown it in the bathtub" - doesn't have the instincts for this moment. Mr. Norquist is the only person about whom I would say this: I hope he owns property around the New Orleans levee that was never properly finished because of a lack of tax dollars. I hope his basement got flooded. And I hope that he was busy drowning government in his bathtub when the levee broke and that he had to wait for a U.S. Army helicopter to get out of town. [...]



2 comments:
HAPPY DANCE!!!
Brown is out!
Frankly though...far too late. Of course he never should have been appointed in the first place.
Oh and have you been reading? Bush says "I take full responsbility".
Funny how he should be saying that for a lotta other situations we're in...like...THE WAR.
Grand ole putz-head.
My reaction to Brown quitting: he was handed a pink slip and they're being super-polite about it.
My reaction to Bush's taking responsibility for anything is not unlike the one Jon Stewart had, especially the head-'splody part.
Did you watch his admission of responsibility? Firstly, it was seriously hedged. Second, HE COULDN'T BE BOTHERED TO LOOK AT THE PEOPLE TO WHOM HE WAS APOLOGIZING. He was acting like a spoiled brat whose mother was finally forced to make him apologize to the aggrived neighbors for stealing their car and completely trashing it.
Accepting responsibility is the first step. Let's see if they can continue this marvelous new trend in establishing that you can be working in this administration and have a scruple in your possession. I have my doubts.
Post a Comment