Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain...and most fools do.
- Benjamin Franklin

i'm in gryffindor!

Thursday, June 05, 2003

Godzilla Attacks!
Some day, I will be able to speak and read Japanese. I will be able to read the little pieces which are left untranslated in the Kare Kano and Marmelade Boy manga. I will be able to follow the action/text in the His & Her Circumstances DVDs without rewinding and playing again. I will be able to buy a DVD of Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind before drag-ass Disney releases it. I will be able to translate what Hideki Matsui says during th post-game interview after he goes 4-5, with a home run and three! doubles. And I will be able to cheer him on and thank him appropriately in Japanese.

They showed his swing in slow-motion. It's such a great swing. I hope he can keep this little confidence streak going. Matsui is such a great player. He'll get the hang of our pitching, and when he does, he will blow everyone away. Maybe he won't hit fifty home runs, but packing on the doubles like that sure as hell does the job. Yay Matsui!

No comments: