Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain...and most fools do.
- Benjamin Franklin

i'm in gryffindor!

Monday, June 02, 2003

Lisle
Whenever I see Holly Lisle's name, I think of a former coworker whose name is one letter different from hers. I'm still in touch with this former coworker, sorta. I'm very bad at sending keep-in-touch e-mail. I'm actually better at sending letters, as I like the time it gives me. I always feel so rushed to finish and send an e-mail. Anyway, the other Holly is way cool and somehow the idea and memory of Cool Holly kept me from reading anything by Author Holly (Lisle). However, I snuck a peak at her blog, and found this: she dreamed an entire section of a book and typed it up the next morning. That is cool. I dream lots of interesting things, but I never write them down when I get up. I try to remember them later, and I can never remember them, except that they were interesting and possibly even very cool. This is frustrating, as if I hadn't been so damned lazy, I might have had something written. But, no, I must go do other things, like fall asleep again, if need be. Paid-to-write Holly (Lisle) is not lazy but a good writer who writes when the muse hits her, even if it's early in the day. I'd be jealous, but I know it's my own damned fault for being a procrastinator and super-lazy to boot.

No comments: