Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain...and most fools do.
- Benjamin Franklin

i'm in gryffindor!

Wednesday, October 29, 2003

Boston, CHEAP!

I'm going to Boston next month. My friend, C--, is throwing a multi-function party. 1) actuarial exams are over! 2) his birthday. 3) his evil, disgusting housemate is vacating the premises. I shall be taking Amtrak, which is a five-hour ride. This will give me time to do reading for class and sleep, which I cannot seem to get enough of of late (Mom says I'm moving into hibernation mode).

How can I possibly afford to take the train to Boston from Albany? Easy. While round-trip fare from Albany to NYC is about $100, round-trip to Boston is only $38. Cheaper if you have a AAA number. CHEAP! CHEAP! Okay, so there might be a semi-legal bus service which is cheaper, but I like having my own seat and not having to worry about someone picking my pockets if I happen to nap off while reading a textbook.

Yaaaay! I get to see C--! Picture me running about the house a la Kermit the Frog when he's really excited about the start of a particular episode of The Muppet Show.