The computer has been more or less on the fritz.
I have been very busy trying to keep up with classes (and generally failing to do so, mostly because of the state of the computer).
I have been having too much fun being distracted by my (our, our) new toy, the DVR. I am now watching Alias and many anime programs shown on this unknown TechTV channel (or whatever it's called) and so on. Shows I didn't get to watch before because of the dominance of HBO's Sunday 9:00 shows in my life (The Sopranos, Six Feet Under, Carnivale). I could watch both West Wing and Angel if the writing on the former hadn't obviously taken a turn for the lame and lazy (it's bad. not super-bad, but definitely not good in a packed-with-bad-television-cliches kind of way). Yay, Angel! I would be more upset about missing the season opener, except I know it'll be shown this winter during the break and the many, many, many weeks of repeats. The DVR will do its duty and the episode shall be there. Huzzah for the DVR!
Now if only Mom would let me set up the VCR properly so it's hooked up to cable.
non sequitur: Halifax, isn't your birthday in October, too?
I have been very busy trying to keep up with classes (and generally failing to do so, mostly because of the state of the computer).
I have been having too much fun being distracted by my (our, our) new toy, the DVR. I am now watching Alias and many anime programs shown on this unknown TechTV channel (or whatever it's called) and so on. Shows I didn't get to watch before because of the dominance of HBO's Sunday 9:00 shows in my life (The Sopranos, Six Feet Under, Carnivale). I could watch both West Wing and Angel if the writing on the former hadn't obviously taken a turn for the lame and lazy (it's bad. not super-bad, but definitely not good in a packed-with-bad-television-cliches kind of way). Yay, Angel! I would be more upset about missing the season opener, except I know it'll be shown this winter during the break and the many, many, many weeks of repeats. The DVR will do its duty and the episode shall be there. Huzzah for the DVR!
Now if only Mom would let me set up the VCR properly so it's hooked up to cable.
non sequitur: Halifax, isn't your birthday in October, too?


