It snowed today. Today, October 22. We haven't even ended daylight savings time yet. People still haven't bought their Halloween pumpkins yet. Snow.
Okay, so mostly it was rain and then some snain (rain and snow at the same time; not to be confused with sleet, which is slush falling from the sky; or with frozen rain, which is super-cold rain which is ice when it hits anything). But I looked out the classroom window, and there was the snow. I went to get the mail, and it was snowing.
Don't get me wrong. I love snow. It's purty.
Still, this just brings home the Farmers' Almanac prediction for this winter: it will be super-harsh. Yeah, even more harsh than last winter. Time to get mentally prepared for fifty foot blizzards, I guess.
Okay, so mostly it was rain and then some snain (rain and snow at the same time; not to be confused with sleet, which is slush falling from the sky; or with frozen rain, which is super-cold rain which is ice when it hits anything). But I looked out the classroom window, and there was the snow. I went to get the mail, and it was snowing.
Don't get me wrong. I love snow. It's purty.
Still, this just brings home the Farmers' Almanac prediction for this winter: it will be super-harsh. Yeah, even more harsh than last winter. Time to get mentally prepared for fifty foot blizzards, I guess.


