Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain...and most fools do.
- Benjamin Franklin

i'm in gryffindor!

Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Oh, yeah, now I remember. I was f*cking miserable.

Okay, so I've been whining in my posts lately about how much my life sucks, blah, blah, blah. But going through my e-mail has provided me with this insight: it could be worse; I could still be working for corporate lawyers.

The following is from an e-mail I sent a week before I left my last job. Please note the bitchy tone. See? I've always been this annoying. Please note also that what I wrote in this bitchy e-mail was true. Truth in bitching. Aah.

Subject: corporate lawyers have no work ethic

I know this because I work with them and for them and deal with the ones in other companies. The one who will do his job thoroughly, actually perform the requisite due diligence, is the exception that proves the rule.

They are not scum. They are lazy. They are overpaid. If four people look at a document, all of them highly-paid lawyers with much experience and training and industry respect, and it's a flipping college drop-out who catches the error which invalidates the contract, I think there's an issue. I think there's a problem. I think I should be paid a HELL of a lot more, 'cause I'm doing their flipping work FOR them because they feel they're far too important to do the grunt work that is required of them.

I hate these people for their condescension and their excuses and their laziness. The ones here and the ones we deal with. I hope [my brother] never sinks so low as to pretend to practice law in a corporate environment. Because that's all they're doing: pretending. These people are as far away from actual law as I am. They're pathetic, and I have no respect for them.