The following is a list of books I was required to buy for this semester's courses. This list was inspired by thecomicman's, which is better than mine as he is smarter than I am and a better student and therefore going to a better school and taking better classes. Also, I've been informed by a little roachbird that TCM can swear up a bluestreak which flames and sears the very heavens above. I've been informed by no less an authority than my younger brother that I sound like a complete and utterly dorky (in a bad way) ass whenever I attempt to swear.
Oh, yes. The list.
Oh, yes. The list.
- EAJ102 - Elementary Japanese II:
- nothing, just the textbook, workbook from last semester and a packet with extra assignments in it
- The Riverside Chaucer
plus A Chaucer Glossary for idjits like me who have trouble with Middle English - Reading Desire: In Pursuit of Ernest Hemingway by Debra Moddelmog
- Hemingway and His Conspirators: Hollywood, Scribners, and the Making of American Celebrity Culture by Leonard Leff
- Writing in the Real World: Making the Transition from School to Work by Anne Beaufort
- Wintering: A Novel of Sylvia Plath by Kate Moses
- The Garden of Eden by Ernest Hemingway
- On Writing by Stephen King
- Musui's Story: The Autobiography of a Tokugawa Samurai by Katsu Kokichi
- Four Major Plays of Chikamatsu translated by Donald Keene
- Harp of Burma by Takeyama Michio
- Modern Japan: A Historical Survey by Hane Mikiso
- Botchan by Natsume Soseki
ENG341 - Chaucer:
ENG450 - Images of the Writer in U.S. Culture:
and a packet filled with badly written scholarly texts
EAJ385 - History of Japan II:


