Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain...and most fools do.
- Benjamin Franklin

i'm in gryffindor!

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

SPACE AGE TECHNOLOGY...in your very own HOME!

The tape I was sent to review a half-hour show (called "Dads", which doesn't bode well) ERASES ITSELF AS THE TAPE PLAYS. *cue moog music* Ooo-ooo-oo-oooooh!

This means I actually have to pay attention the entire damned tape, 'cause I can't rewind and rewatch something I missed. They obviously are not tailoring to the DVR viewer, who has accustomed herself to backing up to something she didn't quite catch or thought was especially funny. *sigh* Don't they realize I don't have that kind of attention span for things not printed or written down?

There's a packet I have to fill out before I watch the tape and a packet I have to fill out after I watch the tape. I don't get any money for this, but I am eligible to win cash and prizes worth $75. BFD. This is a lot of work just for the idea of potential money. Too bad I'm so dedicated to the idea of improving television (more Whedon! less "reality"!), or I could blow this project off this afternoon.

Ah, well, it'll give me something to do now that I'm done rereading the Vicky Bliss mysteries.

No comments: