Color and Light
Spring has finally, finally come to Albany. The rainstorm on Friday knocked down all of the blossoms on the two blossoming trees in the backyard before they had a chance to be pretty, but the tree in the front is covered with white blossoms which glow softly in the bright sun. The azaleas are dead or dying after the rough winter, but the rhodedendron are lush and purple with flowers. Tulips are popping up all over Mom's plantings, left over from the massive tulip garden of the original owner and half-wild. It's impossible to take a bad picture of a tulip.
I've been running about the yard snapping picture after picture of the flowers and blossoms with Mom's digital camera. I've also been trying to take decent pictures of the cats. It's easy with Floof, but my friend D. in L.A. is right: black cats don't photograph well. Oscar looks very strange in his pictures. Doesn't help that the flash insists on going off in indoor photos, even when I set the camera to museum. Ah, well. I took a very goofy one of Oscar which makes me laugh every time I look at it.
Now if only my photo log would load up pictures. .sigh. I've also found some nice pictures from last fall in the files which I'd like to upload. Very frustrating.
I should be writing my final papers for my classes right now, but I've been writing all morning and my brain is shot. I want to take pictures and upload them and share them, not analyze the teaching of writing or set up an outline for a critical paper of Evelyn. Blah. Oh, there's just way too much to do.
And I still haven't seen X2! Augh!
I've been running about the yard snapping picture after picture of the flowers and blossoms with Mom's digital camera. I've also been trying to take decent pictures of the cats. It's easy with Floof, but my friend D. in L.A. is right: black cats don't photograph well. Oscar looks very strange in his pictures. Doesn't help that the flash insists on going off in indoor photos, even when I set the camera to museum. Ah, well. I took a very goofy one of Oscar which makes me laugh every time I look at it.
Now if only my photo log would load up pictures. .sigh. I've also found some nice pictures from last fall in the files which I'd like to upload. Very frustrating.
I should be writing my final papers for my classes right now, but I've been writing all morning and my brain is shot. I want to take pictures and upload them and share them, not analyze the teaching of writing or set up an outline for a critical paper of Evelyn. Blah. Oh, there's just way too much to do.
And I still haven't seen X2! Augh!



No comments:
Post a Comment