This is a post. I am posting. Ta da. There is nothing going on in my life except for the usual stupidity of self, mother, the drunken bastardry of my fellow students, and finals.
I turned in a short story today that I think might not have sucked as much as I originally thought. Volunteers to read? I wrote it in an afternoon (after thinking about it for three weeks). You can tell me it sucks, as I'm pretty sure it does, but not positive, which is why I need a volunteer reader. (Not you, ET, I know.)
I also took the listening component of the final in Japanese. I think I may have gotten two questions partially wrong, but other than that, I should be fine. As in, pretty durned close to A in spite of my inability to remember the gosh darn adjectives from Chapter 2. My Japanese teacher is super-cute in that she seems like she would have been a great anime character when she was a junior high school student (average age of most anime females). She's strict but fair and very funny. I want to do well for myself and my GPA, but mostly I want to make her proud. She's that kind of teacher. I'm glad I got into her 102 class next semester.
I'm not going to say a damned thing about baseball winter moves. Except grr. Grrrr!
I'm dragging my ass about getting presents out and cards out and stuff. I went a little crazy for Christmas this year. I really like this whole buying presents thing. Except for the credit card bill. That part sucks. Other than that, the joy of giving is helping Christmas outpace Halloween as my favorite holiday (mostly 'cause I haven't been able to wear a costume or go to a party in years, which makes Halloween actually kinda boring, outside of the half-price chocolate the next day, which is accompanied by massive guilt of the chocolate binger).
I've come to the conclusion I will never, ever go on another date in my life. This is not because I think all men suck, 'cause not all men suck, that's a stupid thing for anyone to think. It is because I am Sugar Kat the Un****able. I'm going to crawl under a rock after I'm done posting this.
I'm probably failing my second-favorite class (Japanese being my favorite) this semester because the syllabus says I have to turn in every assigned, um, assignment if I don't want to get an F (technically an E as they don't give F's here due to some undue affection for the alphabet). This sucks, as I know my efforts otherwise have been stellar. (You know me. I'd never boast about something like that. I really have worked my big white ass off for that class.) There's always some assignment in a class I don't turn in due to all of my efforts to complete said assignment sucking ass. Worst part is I'm taking a course with the same professor next semester and I'm convinced she now hates me. Intellectually I know that's not true. I'm just a student in her class. What does she care that she has to hand out an F (E). Makes her look like a tough grader, right? Still, my inner six-year old is absolutely sure she hates me. Hate, hate, hate. This is depressing, as I really like the prof. She's funny and super-well-rounded, especially for an English prof. And she is a SF/F dork and a big Yankees fan. She's cool! Wah! She hates me! Wah!
My constantly changing prescription is whacking out my body and mind. I'm in a terrible chemically-induced funk which makes doing anything nigh-impossible (like the Tick, except he was nigh-invulnerable). I am countering this funk by reading books I shouldn't be reading as I've assigned reading to do and really don't have time for the unassigned reading. Read Orson Scott Card's Shadow Puppets, which was okay, not thrilling, as there wasn't enough maniacal Peter and Bean was a little too whiny (I liked the Caliph stuff, though). This is aggravating my situation, as I am now getting my lazy arse in trouble for not doing the work I need to do because I'm reading unassigned reading. It'll be good to get to the holidays, when I can read all the unassigned reading I want to.
Other problem, though, is I am suffering from constant puking and low-level fevers and gastrointestinal issues and migraines and fatigue beyond any I've experienced and so on. This is also getting in the way of my getting my work done. How? Well, for instance, I'm too busy puking to write up the answers to the assigned questions for a particular project. Or I'm too dizzy from fever to do anything by lie down and close my eyes so I can't write up my journal response to the assigned reading.
I want this biochemical trouble to go away before it fucks up a third semester. Dammit.
I'm gonna go watch Angel now.
I turned in a short story today that I think might not have sucked as much as I originally thought. Volunteers to read? I wrote it in an afternoon (after thinking about it for three weeks). You can tell me it sucks, as I'm pretty sure it does, but not positive, which is why I need a volunteer reader. (Not you, ET, I know.)
I also took the listening component of the final in Japanese. I think I may have gotten two questions partially wrong, but other than that, I should be fine. As in, pretty durned close to A in spite of my inability to remember the gosh darn adjectives from Chapter 2. My Japanese teacher is super-cute in that she seems like she would have been a great anime character when she was a junior high school student (average age of most anime females). She's strict but fair and very funny. I want to do well for myself and my GPA, but mostly I want to make her proud. She's that kind of teacher. I'm glad I got into her 102 class next semester.
I'm not going to say a damned thing about baseball winter moves. Except grr. Grrrr!
I'm dragging my ass about getting presents out and cards out and stuff. I went a little crazy for Christmas this year. I really like this whole buying presents thing. Except for the credit card bill. That part sucks. Other than that, the joy of giving is helping Christmas outpace Halloween as my favorite holiday (mostly 'cause I haven't been able to wear a costume or go to a party in years, which makes Halloween actually kinda boring, outside of the half-price chocolate the next day, which is accompanied by massive guilt of the chocolate binger).
I've come to the conclusion I will never, ever go on another date in my life. This is not because I think all men suck, 'cause not all men suck, that's a stupid thing for anyone to think. It is because I am Sugar Kat the Un****able. I'm going to crawl under a rock after I'm done posting this.
I'm probably failing my second-favorite class (Japanese being my favorite) this semester because the syllabus says I have to turn in every assigned, um, assignment if I don't want to get an F (technically an E as they don't give F's here due to some undue affection for the alphabet). This sucks, as I know my efforts otherwise have been stellar. (You know me. I'd never boast about something like that. I really have worked my big white ass off for that class.) There's always some assignment in a class I don't turn in due to all of my efforts to complete said assignment sucking ass. Worst part is I'm taking a course with the same professor next semester and I'm convinced she now hates me. Intellectually I know that's not true. I'm just a student in her class. What does she care that she has to hand out an F (E). Makes her look like a tough grader, right? Still, my inner six-year old is absolutely sure she hates me. Hate, hate, hate. This is depressing, as I really like the prof. She's funny and super-well-rounded, especially for an English prof. And she is a SF/F dork and a big Yankees fan. She's cool! Wah! She hates me! Wah!
My constantly changing prescription is whacking out my body and mind. I'm in a terrible chemically-induced funk which makes doing anything nigh-impossible (like the Tick, except he was nigh-invulnerable). I am countering this funk by reading books I shouldn't be reading as I've assigned reading to do and really don't have time for the unassigned reading. Read Orson Scott Card's Shadow Puppets, which was okay, not thrilling, as there wasn't enough maniacal Peter and Bean was a little too whiny (I liked the Caliph stuff, though). This is aggravating my situation, as I am now getting my lazy arse in trouble for not doing the work I need to do because I'm reading unassigned reading. It'll be good to get to the holidays, when I can read all the unassigned reading I want to.
Other problem, though, is I am suffering from constant puking and low-level fevers and gastrointestinal issues and migraines and fatigue beyond any I've experienced and so on. This is also getting in the way of my getting my work done. How? Well, for instance, I'm too busy puking to write up the answers to the assigned questions for a particular project. Or I'm too dizzy from fever to do anything by lie down and close my eyes so I can't write up my journal response to the assigned reading.
I want this biochemical trouble to go away before it fucks up a third semester. Dammit.
I'm gonna go watch Angel now.


