Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain...and most fools do.
- Benjamin Franklin

i'm in gryffindor!

Wednesday, December 17, 2003

Stress and exhaustion can be fun

Somehow, I have caught a cold. Head cold. I'm all stuffed up. No coughing. No flu. Just head aches and a stuffed nose. Almost like allergies, but not quite.

I am sick because I am stressed out and overtired. Overtired as opposed to regular tired, which is what I was the rest of the semester. Overtired means I could sleep all weekend long and still be tired. I require sleep muchly.

I am stressed out and overtired because this is finals week. My last final is tomorrow. Japanese. I got a 98 out of 100 on the listening final. This is very good indeed, but I will still have to do well on the written final in order to pull off the A I so desperately need. Japanese is a five-credit course, so any grade I get in it is weighted heavier than the grades I would get in a regular course. An A would pull up my sad, sad average nicely.

I should have been studying this afternoon after the official study session with Kaya-sensee, but I was too damned tired to do anything but watch my soap (I was right about the story arch of one character, but it looks like Mom's right about another, more important story arch, which means she's still ahead of me in the game). Then I took a nap. Now it's time for me to make dinner (in spite of my needing to study and being sick, as my mother wouldn't cook if her life depended upon it, at least, not anymore). Here's hoping I'll still have enough time to get my vocabulary down before the exam at 1:00 tomorrow.

Still and all, it's better to be stressed and overtired because of finals week than it is to be stressed and tired because of the crap-ass job I used to have. Big ol' :p at C--- (the company, not the very nice friend in Boston) and T---- P----. And a mocking "woo-ha!".

No comments: