Yeah, that's about right
I went to see The Matrix Revolutions with my dad and brother the day after Thanksgiving. Not because I was all psyched to see it, but because I'd seen The Matrix and, unfortunately, The Matrix Reloaded and wanted to see how the finished the story. It was...okay. I'm more angry with books and shows and films which show great potential and don't live up to it than those that suck outright. The Matrix series had great potential. ...sigh...
Anyway, I'm a fan of Ebert's reviews. He's one of the very few whose opinion I trust, and I like his style (especially when he hates something). I read his review of The Matrix Revolutions, to which he gave three stars out of four. An impressive result for a disappointing film, but I agreed with it for the reasons he gave in the review.
Thought I'd share this:
Anyway, I'm a fan of Ebert's reviews. He's one of the very few whose opinion I trust, and I like his style (especially when he hates something). I read his review of The Matrix Revolutions, to which he gave three stars out of four. An impressive result for a disappointing film, but I agreed with it for the reasons he gave in the review.
Thought I'd share this:
Still, in a basic and undeniable sense, this is a good movie, and fans who have earned their credit hours with the first two will want to see this one and graduate. To the degree that I was able to put aside my questions, forget logic, disregard continuity problems and immerse myself in the moment, 'The Matrix Revolutions' is a terrific action achievement. Andy and Larry Wachowski have concluded their trilogy with all barrels blazing. Their final apocalypse in the bowels of the Earth plays like 'Metropolis' on steroids. There are sights here to stir the sense of wonder, and a marriage between live action and special effects that is about as good as these things get in the movies.
[...]
Note: 'The Matrix Reloaded' was notable for the number of key characters who are black; this time, what we notice is how many strong women there are. Two women operate a bazooka team, Niobe flies the ship, the women have muscles, they kick ass, and this isn't your grandmother's Second Sex anymore.
[...]
Note: 'The Matrix Reloaded' was notable for the number of key characters who are black; this time, what we notice is how many strong women there are. Two women operate a bazooka team, Niobe flies the ship, the women have muscles, they kick ass, and this isn't your grandmother's Second Sex anymore.
Yeah, that was an especially cool part of the series, the casual way in while multiracial cast and strong females were used. Black, brown, and white (no yellow or red that I saw) people working together with no big fuss, women kicking ass and getting respect for it but no big fuss made about their being female while doing it.
So, you see, the film didn't suck outright. It was just disappointing. Read the link to Ebert's review and understand. I don't see why I should repeat what he wrote in stating my opinion, especially since he's a much better writer. ;)
So, you see, the film didn't suck outright. It was just disappointing. Read the link to Ebert's review and understand. I don't see why I should repeat what he wrote in stating my opinion, especially since he's a much better writer. ;)



No comments:
Post a Comment