What does Halifax want for his birthday? Does SheepBoy have a DVD player? What the heck should I get my dad for his birthday now that he'll be living in California and I have to ship whatever I give him? While I've planned what I'll get my two younger nephews for Christmas (as many Susan Cooper hardcovers as possible, including the newly reprinted The Dark Is Rising sequence), what should I get J-- for his birthday in December? What should I get my bestest buddy C-- for his birthday in November? Will I be able to find the rest of the Muppets finger puppets from Starbucks for my brother and fellow Muppet fan, D--? It's still August, but these fall birthdays are weighing upon my mind. Come October I shall be fussing over Christmas and winter birthdays. With what money will I make these purchases? It does not matter. I must get these presents. Why? Because. Because they are friends and family. That's just the way I work. I will be very bothered if I cannot find anything, especially since I missed a couple of these birthdays last year. (Bad Kitty! Bad! guilt guilt guilt) I wish everyone had Amazon.com wishlists. Or just created wishlists on some other easily-accessible website. Thank goodness I already took care of S--'s birthday present. Oh, wait! my sister J--'s birthday! Augh! What the heck should I send her? I have to send her something. She got me that lovely teapot with the Japanese cat design for my birthday.
I wonder if Pirates of the Caribbean will be availble on DVD by November. That would take care of some of this. Hm. I can get Winged Migration for a couple of people for Christmas. Maybe.
Ugh. Present-buying is such a pain when you're unemployed.
I wonder if Pirates of the Caribbean will be availble on DVD by November. That would take care of some of this. Hm. I can get Winged Migration for a couple of people for Christmas. Maybe.
Ugh. Present-buying is such a pain when you're unemployed.


