Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain...and most fools do.
- Benjamin Franklin

i'm in gryffindor!

Monday, August 11, 2003

Yay! Now I Can Play Enduro!

This past Christmas, I bought my brother a Garbage Pail Kids keychain, Electric Bill, which was one of the Kids on an electric chair which lights up and buzzes when you press a certain button. Appropriate for someone working for the Texas state attorney general's office. Of late, my parents and I have been talking a great deal about the Atari game, Enduro, which was a racing game which had a very appropriate fog section which made me crash a lot. Q-Bert. Frogger. Miss Pac-Man. These were games I could hope to play well. Yeah, sure they've come out with copies of these to play on a computer, but I missed the unfortunately-named joystick which I became quite adept at handling when I was eleven years old. (There're a lot of very tasteless jokes which could be made about that. Don't.) Now, apparently, the Garbage Pail Kids and Atari are coming back to boost the sagging sales of the toy industry. Yes, I will be buying Garbage Pail Kids stickers for my nephews. I hope that they at least included Pitfall in the games package for the Atari.