I was a little buzzed from watching good, feisty political humor on television and decided to read some blogs before I went to sleep. Actually, before I took Halberstam's The Children to my room and sat up for another hour, reading until I decided it's completely unnatural for me to be up at that hour and I really should get to bed so I can get up before one in the afternoon for once (I won't; I hardly ever do). There are a few blogs I read of people I know but who probably don't remember me as I had difficulty getting down to the Club on Thursdays back when I was working. These people write well and I wonder how their days are going and worry about them and hope they are doing well. It still feels vaguely stalkery, as I really don't know if they know who I am, but I'm hoping the roachbird reminds them. Which she may. Who knows with the roachbird.
Where was I? Ah, yes. So, I went to Sam's blog, as she is a good writer and someone who I think remembers my real name at least, though she may still have trouble with my family name (which is why my name was never on the damned SF&F Club list so's I always had to show I.D. to the guard, which was embarrassing; but then, I'm easily embarrassed). I read about Sam's long work day and ensuing fuzzy-headed morning routing, feeling very sympathetic, until I got to the ninth paragraph of the entry after which, first taking probably less than a third of a second to flash oh my god!, I laughed out loud, loud enough that my mother said, "What? What is it? There are people sleeping! Stop laughing!" I am a big meanie, aren't I. A big, mean, unsympathetic bitch-type person.
Mean, Terrible, Horrible, No-good Sugar Kat, the Incomplete Loser and Rapidly Aging Fart. Oh, and stalker. Or at least creepy. Yeah: Mean, Terrible, Horrible, No-good, Creepy Sugar Kat, the Incomplete Loser and Rapidly Aging Fart.
sigh Still. Poor Sam. This tcm kid sure as hell cracks me up, tho'.
Where was I? Ah, yes. So, I went to Sam's blog, as she is a good writer and someone who I think remembers my real name at least, though she may still have trouble with my family name (which is why my name was never on the damned SF&F Club list so's I always had to show I.D. to the guard, which was embarrassing; but then, I'm easily embarrassed). I read about Sam's long work day and ensuing fuzzy-headed morning routing, feeling very sympathetic, until I got to the ninth paragraph of the entry after which, first taking probably less than a third of a second to flash oh my god!, I laughed out loud, loud enough that my mother said, "What? What is it? There are people sleeping! Stop laughing!" I am a big meanie, aren't I. A big, mean, unsympathetic bitch-type person.
Mean, Terrible, Horrible, No-good Sugar Kat, the Incomplete Loser and Rapidly Aging Fart. Oh, and stalker. Or at least creepy. Yeah: Mean, Terrible, Horrible, No-good, Creepy Sugar Kat, the Incomplete Loser and Rapidly Aging Fart.
sigh Still. Poor Sam. This tcm kid sure as hell cracks me up, tho'.


