(Please note that since certain complaints were made about my not posting enough, I've posted a buttload (and most of the posts are sh!t). If I happen to take a break after this, well, darn it, I think that's fine.)
That is where my head is and has been since late last night/early this morning. While doing "emergency" laundry in the wee hours, I decided to keep myself up by first watching a few episodes of The Vision of Escaflowne (I'd forgotten how much I love the opening credits song--must! have! soundtrack!), then by reading several chapters of Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson, which I'd found in one of the many boxes my sister left in my parents' basement when she moved to France.
Allen is still gorgeous anime guy (and liking Van is still nigh unto pedophilia, friend). The music is still great, the animation pretty, the mecha with cloaks and big swords nifty as hell. And I desperately need to see the film version of Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas as Johnny Depp must be perfectly cast and the wasted and tripping Hunter S. Thompson. I am very much enjoying the book in spite of the heavy drug use, as the two main characters' response heavy drug use is highly entertaining.
Bloody sponge floors. The smell of ether. Land dragons hobbling rapidly on large forelegs, dragging tiny, useless hind legs. Paranoia. Bats! Fanalia burning. People with guns. Allen's silly "knight" outfit. Debbie Reynolds in a silver Afro. The opening song to Escaflowne. A race hidden in the desert dust. Head spins. Reality grows distant. Whoops.
Allen is still gorgeous anime guy (and liking Van is still nigh unto pedophilia, friend). The music is still great, the animation pretty, the mecha with cloaks and big swords nifty as hell. And I desperately need to see the film version of Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas as Johnny Depp must be perfectly cast and the wasted and tripping Hunter S. Thompson. I am very much enjoying the book in spite of the heavy drug use, as the two main characters' response heavy drug use is highly entertaining.
Bloody sponge floors. The smell of ether. Land dragons hobbling rapidly on large forelegs, dragging tiny, useless hind legs. Paranoia. Bats! Fanalia burning. People with guns. Allen's silly "knight" outfit. Debbie Reynolds in a silver Afro. The opening song to Escaflowne. A race hidden in the desert dust. Head spins. Reality grows distant. Whoops.


