Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain...and most fools do.
- Benjamin Franklin

i'm in gryffindor!

Friday, September 19, 2003

Measuring importance

Mom installed the Google toolbar to our Internet Explorer, mainly to block pop-ups, which it does quite handily. There are little handy items in the bar, like a space where we can type in what we might want to search on Google, an item to let us select where we want to seach in specific, an icon which let's me enter in a blog entry quickly, an icon which tells us how many pop-ups have been blocked so far (118), etc.

One interesting item is the PageRank bar. "PageRank is Google's measure of the importance of this page." This particular page, where I can edit my blog, is ranked 0/10, as I'm the only one who accesses it, I suppose. More interesting is the ranks given to blogs and sites I visit:
  • Sam's blog: 5/10.
  • ET's blog: 4/10.
  • Maggie's blog: 3/10.
  • JerkSquad!!: 4/10.
  • Octopus Army: 3/10.
    ...and my blog?
  • tmoltsk: 2/10.
Conclusion? No one likes me. I write a boring blog and nobody likes me and I have no friends.

Bwwaaaaa! sniffle

'Course, I could be wrong about that. I've been wrong before.