Arrogance and Ignorance
Bush II interrupted my television-viewing this afternoon. He was addressing a group of veterans. You know, the people from whom his budget would take loads of benefits. He spent the first five minutes talking out of the side of his mouth, being smarmy and disgustingly smirky. I muted the next ten minutes, then turned off the television entirely, no longer able to tolerate even catching his slimy smirk with the corner of my eye.
Then I read Teresa Nielsen Hayden's blog entry from this morning. Very eloquent statement on what makes me so angry about this man. Well, one of the things.
Then I read Teresa Nielsen Hayden's blog entry from this morning. Very eloquent statement on what makes me so angry about this man. Well, one of the things.
(excerpt) One more observation. Consider Bush’s statement: Maybe somebody needs to explain to me why they say something, but I don’t feel like I owe anybody an explanation. That is not and cannot be the voice of a public servant. What you’re hearing there is a long-accustomed and automatic assumption of privilege: You’re there for me. I’m not there for you.



No comments:
Post a Comment