Even Ari Fleischer Is Flummoxed
Q. Yes, why was the French toast named Freedom toast? (Laughter.)
Q. Is that a White House decision?
MR. FLEISCHER: I'm not a Hobbit, so I didn't have a second breakfast. I had my breakfast before I came in. Is that what it said?
Q. Yes.
MR. FLEISCHER: It said Freedom toast?
Q. Yes.
Q. Was that at the administration request, or was that --
MR. FLEISCHER: I just -- we're always proud of the men and women of our Air Force. (Laughter.)
Excerpt from March 26, 2003, press briefing, from The Press Gaggle.
I like the "second breakfast" reference. This makes me almost like a man to whom I've a physical aversion, by association with Pippin, my favorite character in the books (well, so, he is, so there). Good job, Fleischer. (We'll see how long this lack of gagging lasts.)



No comments:
Post a Comment