Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain...and most fools do.
- Benjamin Franklin

i'm in gryffindor!

Sunday, March 30, 2003

Notes From Kuwait
Go to this link: Electrolite: "Rhetoric of war. Compare and contrast.", then scroll down the comments until you find Terry Karney ("posted on March 23, 2003 07:47 AM"), who was stationed in Kuwait when he wrote his comment. It's a long piece, three from the bottom of the thread of comments (as of this posting).

I wish this guy had a blog I could check, but I have a feeling that might be against some sort of military security rule. It's a well-written piece, full of detail. I get more of a sense of what it's like to be there as a member of the American armed forces (he's army) than from all of those vaguely silly reports from embedded reporters. I hope he can write more in the future. Do read.

No comments: