Explain This To Me
Okay, so I've bitched plenty about how crap-ass my job and boss were at that certain investment bank. Then I stopped, 'cause I'm too busy whining about how I've all this work to do here with my Writing major and all. (DUH, Sugar Kat. It involves writing. Ya stupid cow.) However, there have been weird developments since I quit that crap-ass job with Evil Incorporated mid-August:
1) my former, highly unappreciative boss sends me an unsolicited (meaning I didn't send her one so there was no obligation on her part) Christmas card thanking me for all of my hard work after not peeping in my direction once since August. She also included an Amex gift check for $50. Yeah, that bizzare noise and strange wind the beginning of January was me gasping hugely when I cracked open that baby. Once I regained consciousness, I sent her a return note thanking her and thought I was done. Until
2) Evil Incorporated told me I owed them for an overpayment of about $450. I hear about this late-January, roughly five months after I left the goddamned place. First off, what the blankety-blank do they mean they overpaid me? What is that all about? Are they crack-addled? And even if they are, isn't there a fricking computer program monitoring this stuff? Ignoring that issue, where the hell am I supposed to get $450? I'm a feckin' unemployed student, after all. (I borrowed it from my sister. I am now suffering massive amounts of guilt. I am evil. Bleh-phooie on me. Guilt, guilt, guuuuiiiiiiiiillllt.) Oh, and did I tell you they never paid my O.T. from my last two weeks, the ones where I worked the equivalent of an extra two-and-a-half weeks? I mean it when I call them Evil Incorporated, 'cause they're, like, evil. More so even than I. I who take money from my sister who needs it to pay for house stuff and kid stuff and car stuff and other mom-type stuff. Evil. Gak! The evil! Phaugh! But all was silent until
3) I just checked the account folks still stranded at Evil Incorporated use to e-mail me. And my former boss' husband sent me this chipper e-mail: "You escaped without saying goodbye!! I hope you're having a ball." For pete's sake, I left six freakin' months ago! His wife sent me a Christmas card and gift! What is with the random-fucking "have a good life?" This is weird and socially awkward. I dealt with him a lot over the phone when I was working for his wife: we were a client of his—H U G E conflict of interest issues, y'all—but sending me random, friendly e-mail was not our thing. It was business-y.
So, what do I say? Do I respond? Should I cc his wife? Tha hell?! Shouldn't this be a complete non-issue by now? Why don't these people leave me alone! I'd even do without the $50 gift check to find some peace. Waah. Sob. Bitch. Moan. Help!
1) my former, highly unappreciative boss sends me an unsolicited (meaning I didn't send her one so there was no obligation on her part) Christmas card thanking me for all of my hard work after not peeping in my direction once since August. She also included an Amex gift check for $50. Yeah, that bizzare noise and strange wind the beginning of January was me gasping hugely when I cracked open that baby. Once I regained consciousness, I sent her a return note thanking her and thought I was done. Until
2) Evil Incorporated told me I owed them for an overpayment of about $450. I hear about this late-January, roughly five months after I left the goddamned place. First off, what the blankety-blank do they mean they overpaid me? What is that all about? Are they crack-addled? And even if they are, isn't there a fricking computer program monitoring this stuff? Ignoring that issue, where the hell am I supposed to get $450? I'm a feckin' unemployed student, after all. (I borrowed it from my sister. I am now suffering massive amounts of guilt. I am evil. Bleh-phooie on me. Guilt, guilt, guuuuiiiiiiiiillllt.) Oh, and did I tell you they never paid my O.T. from my last two weeks, the ones where I worked the equivalent of an extra two-and-a-half weeks? I mean it when I call them Evil Incorporated, 'cause they're, like, evil. More so even than I. I who take money from my sister who needs it to pay for house stuff and kid stuff and car stuff and other mom-type stuff. Evil. Gak! The evil! Phaugh! But all was silent until
3) I just checked the account folks still stranded at Evil Incorporated use to e-mail me. And my former boss' husband sent me this chipper e-mail: "You escaped without saying goodbye!! I hope you're having a ball." For pete's sake, I left six freakin' months ago! His wife sent me a Christmas card and gift! What is with the random-fucking "have a good life?" This is weird and socially awkward. I dealt with him a lot over the phone when I was working for his wife: we were a client of his—H U G E conflict of interest issues, y'all—but sending me random, friendly e-mail was not our thing. It was business-y.
So, what do I say? Do I respond? Should I cc his wife? Tha hell?! Shouldn't this be a complete non-issue by now? Why don't these people leave me alone! I'd even do without the $50 gift check to find some peace. Waah. Sob. Bitch. Moan. Help!



No comments:
Post a Comment