Egan Sighting
Switched over to watch The Agency (10pm, CBS) after The Lion In Winter finished on TMC. Apparently there was some sort of news-worthy item earlier this evening which caused a shuffle in the CBS schedule, so we didn't miss the beginning of the episode. I checked the info on the show (nifty trick TimeWarner cable set up on their system), and the episode title was "Elite Meat To Eat."
"That has to be an Egan title!" I told my mom. "That's so Egan! She must've written the show!"
Mom nodded noncommittedly and we waiting for the opening credits to fade in and out discretely as they are wont to do on this show. Sure enough, Egan had cowriting credit. There are also little bits, like how the nebbishy guy trapped in the Irish museum is dealing with the guy he bumped into while trying to escape from terrorists which are so Egan, I feel like telling the world, "That's so Egan!" I only have my mom, who has yet to read the Ivory trilogy. So I thought I'd put it here in my blog, even though I'm pretty damned sure no one who has read Egan who is reading this blog has watched this particular episode. Darn it.
Please do try an episode, eventually. Before it's cancelled for lack of viewers because CBS decided to place it on Saturday night. They are especially good when Egan writes them, and she writes a lot.
(By the way, does everyone else hate the "Are you gellin'?" Dr. Scholl's ad as much as I do?)
"That has to be an Egan title!" I told my mom. "That's so Egan! She must've written the show!"
Mom nodded noncommittedly and we waiting for the opening credits to fade in and out discretely as they are wont to do on this show. Sure enough, Egan had cowriting credit. There are also little bits, like how the nebbishy guy trapped in the Irish museum is dealing with the guy he bumped into while trying to escape from terrorists which are so Egan, I feel like telling the world, "That's so Egan!" I only have my mom, who has yet to read the Ivory trilogy. So I thought I'd put it here in my blog, even though I'm pretty damned sure no one who has read Egan who is reading this blog has watched this particular episode. Darn it.
Please do try an episode, eventually. Before it's cancelled for lack of viewers because CBS decided to place it on Saturday night. They are especially good when Egan writes them, and she writes a lot.
(By the way, does everyone else hate the "Are you gellin'?" Dr. Scholl's ad as much as I do?)



No comments:
Post a Comment