Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain...and most fools do.
- Benjamin Franklin

i'm in gryffindor!

Friday, March 28, 2003

Books!
I am inordinately happy that there is a new Honor Harrington book out. It is not great fiction, but it is fun space opera with interesting characters and creatures and more tech detail than I can shake a stick at. Nice thing is, it’s in hardcover, which used to annoy the crap out of me, but this time means I’ll have time to get a job and make some money before the mass-market paperback comes out, which is the format in which I’ve been getting the series. The same could be said for the goodness of the latest Amelia Peabody still being hardcover.

Not good because of the temptation to spend money I don’t have is the 14th Amelia Peabody book being out in mass-market. Bad Sugar Kat! No! Bad!

But they’re so goooood! (Guilty pleasure without too much guilt, as the characters are well-realized, etc., etc.)

… Well, I have to get my nephew his birthday present and the Harry Potter movie is cheap when pre-ordered, but I still need a certain amount for free shipping, so….

I guess I just have to buy The Golden One.

sigh How unfortunate. Forced into buying a book.

No comments: