Applesauce?
I sat on the sofa, determined to end the long run of procrastination which has been going since the beginning of the semester. I brought with me a boring textbook, a pencil to make notes, and a cup of raspberry applesauce. The cat, Oscar, was lying on the blanket next to me, purring away as he always does whenever I sit next to him. As I ate my applesauce and attempted to focus on the very boring textbook, Oscar sat up, squinting and sniffing the air as he does when I'm eating pork chops or chicken or something like. The "something smells tasty" look. I dipped the tip of a ring finger into the applesauce and held it in front of Oscar to prove to him I was eating something he wouldn't like. It's just super-mushed fruit, Cat. You won't like it. He sniffed it very delicately yet very thoroughly, then proceeded to lick the applesauce off of my fingertip. Once he determined the fingertip was absolutely clean, he gave me the "more?" look. He wanted more applesauce. A cat eating applesauce. This is so weird, I thought as I gave him the empty dish so he could clean the it out.
Then again, the other cat, Floof, digs raisin bran anything in a major way. Muffins, cereal, you name it; she can't get enough of it.
I can understand the begging for tunafish and ham, turkey and chicken, as they are meat and cats eat meat. But applesauce and raisin bran? How very odd.
Then again, the other cat, Floof, digs raisin bran anything in a major way. Muffins, cereal, you name it; she can't get enough of it.
I can understand the begging for tunafish and ham, turkey and chicken, as they are meat and cats eat meat. But applesauce and raisin bran? How very odd.
Albany Weather Update
It snowed about one and a half inches today. The trees and bushes are lightly frosted and the dirty snow on the side of the road was covered up. Monday/Tuesday, it was in the 40's, everything was wet and slushy, and it rained cold, icky, penetrating winter rain. Today, it's pretty, drifting, powdery snow (hiding thick ice amd old snow). Six more weeks, the Pennsylvanian rodent said. Not that I mind. I hate winter rain. More snow, I say.



No comments:
Post a Comment