Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain...and most fools do.
- Benjamin Franklin

i'm in gryffindor!

Sunday, February 16, 2003

Spike Sings!
ET was kind enough to drop off a copy she made of her recording of "Once More, With Feeling" from season six of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Everyone in the Buffy fanclub knows this as the musical episode. It is too fabulous for words. Whedon does a great musical (he wrote the music and the lyrics! he's too wonderful! drop and worship at his clay feet!). It was funny and apt ...and Tara has a surprisingly good singing voice. Spike is sexy even when being a little silly while dancing and singing his way into Buffy's ...annoyance. (I must get the soundtrack! Now!)

So, I am officially posting a big, fat THANK YOU to ET for taking the time to copy the episode for me so I could finally see it, and bringing me the Death Star, which is appropriate, as ET is the closest to Sith among my friends.


Reprieve!
I misspelled that word when I e-mailed my Witchcraft & Historians professor to thank him for letting me turn in my first paper a week late. [5:39PM: And again when I typed in the title, apparently. I blame it on the near-zero weather.] This means I really have to finish taking notes on the readings so far so I can get the damned thing written. It's tough, 'cause I know somewhere in his head he'll be comparing it to the papers written by the grad students in the class. This means I'll be pushing myself to write a perfect paper which completely revolutionizes the historical study of the witch-hunt phenomenon 1450-1750. But, phew! I think the reason he's being so nice is he's on serious drugs for back pain. And God help me if anyone from my class happens upon this post. Or my professor. I shall surely die. But, I had to share my joy with my readers. Tra la! Now, to the grunt work.

No comments: