Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain...and most fools do.
- Benjamin Franklin

i'm in gryffindor!

Tuesday, February 04, 2003

Buffy
This is not about tonight's episode, which I enjoyed muchly. This is about the woman who watched tonight's episode with me and got all weepy when Willow had her "I let her go!" crying session. (Poor Willow! And, may I say, I do not like Kennedy. I hope she's one of the wanna-bes who dies horribly. Bleh-phooie on her manipulative ass. Mom doesn't like her, either.)

My mom is now bordering on Buffy-fandom. Why? Not the writing, not the funtastic demon action, oh no. She's now hooked for the same reason I initially got hooked. What was that, you ask?

Spike. The yumdilicious Spike.

"They can't let him die," she said at one point tonight, "he's too gorgeous."

My initial reaction was a very Scooby-Doo "Bauwr?!"

And then I agreed.

Yup, that's my mom, diggin' the cheekboned Spike. And can I tell you how weird it is she and I are sitting there, drooling over Spike together? Seriously, this is not a good mother-daughter bonding moment. Igh.

And I saw him first, dammit. Dibs.

No comments: