Sass Back
Well, I decided I couldn't wait any longer for HaloScan to open up registration again ("closed temporarily" my lily-white ass). So, I've gone with Enetation.co.uk, which, as you can see, is run out of the U.K. [insert image of Silent Bob shrugging at the obvious here] They're free, which is the important thing, but they have tendency to run v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y and crash occasionally, and they stick ads into my comments. Same deal as Blogger, so I guess we're all used to that, right? (Some day, I shall have money. Then, no ads and much speed! Dammit!)
I'm still way, way behind when it comes to actual template-building, so please excuse me while I learn to tweak the comments template and my blog template to the point where I'm kinda happy with them. And, you know, they work. cough At any rate, I'm going to be posting a separate post which will be the reference point for all of the smilies available to you, the commenter. I'm going to try and link to the smilies post from the comments box itself, as I don't expect you guys to remember what the hell they are.
Here's hoping I can get this all to work. I'm such a ...okay, so what do you call a dork-ish person who can't do the nifty things dorks are supposed to be able to do with computers? Oh, and is a math 'tard? Hm, I guess loser will cover it for now.
[added twenty minutes later: Um, the smilies post ain't working. At least not so's I can refer you to it. This is very frustrating! Grr!]
[added the next evening: I still can't get the refer thing to work. For some reason, this particular post wants to refer to the post immediately preceeding it. Arg. Frustration! Arg! I'll keep trying, but until then, refer to the abridged smilies listing I've linked the ::view smilies:: bit to. (Grrg!)]
(Speaking of sass, my Rhetoric (which I keep mispronouncing, like I'm Dubya's much-younger cousin or something) professor used to write for the magazine which became "Sassy" when it was imported to the States from Australia. Well, I guess it paid. Getting paid for writing is a good thing. He's married, but he's very effeminate.)
I'm still way, way behind when it comes to actual template-building, so please excuse me while I learn to tweak the comments template and my blog template to the point where I'm kinda happy with them. And, you know, they work. cough At any rate, I'm going to be posting a separate post which will be the reference point for all of the smilies available to you, the commenter. I'm going to try and link to the smilies post from the comments box itself, as I don't expect you guys to remember what the hell they are.
Here's hoping I can get this all to work. I'm such a ...okay, so what do you call a dork-ish person who can't do the nifty things dorks are supposed to be able to do with computers? Oh, and is a math 'tard? Hm, I guess loser will cover it for now.
[added twenty minutes later: Um, the smilies post ain't working. At least not so's I can refer you to it. This is very frustrating! Grr!]
[added the next evening: I still can't get the refer thing to work. For some reason, this particular post wants to refer to the post immediately preceeding it. Arg. Frustration! Arg! I'll keep trying, but until then, refer to the abridged smilies listing I've linked the ::view smilies:: bit to. (Grrg!)]
(Speaking of sass, my Rhetoric (which I keep mispronouncing, like I'm Dubya's much-younger cousin or something) professor used to write for the magazine which became "Sassy" when it was imported to the States from Australia. Well, I guess it paid. Getting paid for writing is a good thing. He's married, but he's very effeminate.)



No comments:
Post a Comment