Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain...and most fools do.
- Benjamin Franklin

i'm in gryffindor!

Wednesday, February 12, 2003

Why It's Better To Live Alone
...you don't have to share the television.

This is a stupid complaint, but I've no one to call and complain (can't afford long-distance calls, anyway), and even if I did, no one would care. So, I'm venting on my blog. Your stupid fault for reading this boring thing.

There are two televisions in this house. All three of us generally watch the same evening programming. We're like that. One of our few bonds. However, my parents have decided that Dad gets to watch television on downstairs and Mom gets to watch television upstairs. This means if, say, I want to watch Angel while they watch West Wing, well, I'm screwed. Fuck you, Sugar Kat. We don't give a shit we're both watching the same fucking show. You still can't watch yours. I could have been sitting at the television for half an hour, watching Angel, I still have to get up and give up the television when Dad shows. I hate this very, very much. When I leave here, I will live alone. I don't care if it's a fucking hole and the size of, well, my last apartment. Anything is better than sharing living quarters.

No giving up one of the few T.V. shows I wish to watch regularly, no worrying about where the fuck my stuff is. Yes, it doesn't matter whose it is, my parents feel they have to right to move shit any place they feel like it. Beauty part: they forget where they put the stuff. Oh, yay. I've lost bills this way. Bank statements. I. Hate. Living. With. Other. People. Cats are good. They don't have thumbs and are very willing to watch whatever you're watching. And they don't have the damned T.V. on twenty-four hours a day. I had no idea my parents watched so much television. There really isn't that much on there worth watching. But, every night, the television is blaring. Every damned night.

I will now miss the rest of the entire fucking season. Dammit. (I've tried taping from cable while they're watching, but it hasn't worked. Especially since my parents are both VCR 'tards. Why didn't I decide to dorm it?)

No comments: