Break Like a Twig
That crunching sound you heard tonight which disturbed your rest was the sound of my spine shattering into little bits. I have ordered the Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Once More, With Feeling CD. No, I haven't a job. No, I haven't any money left from the loan (the books cost a buttload this semester). I'm just very, very stupid.
I am also pretending that one of my friends bought it for me as a surprise. How nice! Ain't you guys grand, getting me the CD like that! You're a swell bunch, I gotta say. If I play pretend convincingly enough, Mom will believe me and hopefully not poop her pants when I beg her to pay my credit card bill for me. ("It's charges for class stuff," I'll claim.)
I'm such a terrible, horrible person. I am. Really. And I'd better learn to drive, fast, as it's the only thing which is preventing me getting a job at Borders (at least, it was three weeks ago). Must. Get. A. Job. At a bookstore, natch, to supplement my habit.
I am also pretending that one of my friends bought it for me as a surprise. How nice! Ain't you guys grand, getting me the CD like that! You're a swell bunch, I gotta say. If I play pretend convincingly enough, Mom will believe me and hopefully not poop her pants when I beg her to pay my credit card bill for me. ("It's charges for class stuff," I'll claim.)
I'm such a terrible, horrible person. I am. Really. And I'd better learn to drive, fast, as it's the only thing which is preventing me getting a job at Borders (at least, it was three weeks ago). Must. Get. A. Job. At a bookstore, natch, to supplement my habit.



No comments:
Post a Comment