Keep Them Flying
There is an article in Time magazine demanding the space shuttle program be stopped. It's a waste of money. We don't need it. Etc. Meanwhile, the generally hyper-conservative poll respondees at AOL posted the following:
I think that guy at Time can go take a long walk on a short pier. Those people gave their lives for a "waste of money"? They were wasting their time when they were in space? They wasted, basicially, their lives? I don't think so. This guy has no grasp of the science they were exploring. Who the hell is he to say what they did was, essentially, worthless? Astronauts know they are potentially risking their lives to go into space and perform these experiments and complete their projects. After all, people have died before now. It's worth it, asshole. And I'd much rather my tax dollars went to this than, say, whatever dumb-ass war the Bushies want to start to deflect attention from the economy and the complete lack of capture of anyone involved in 9/11.
Shuttle Future?
Should the space shuttle program continue?
Yes 82% 358,924
No 11% 50,126
I don't know 5% 24,598
I think that guy at Time can go take a long walk on a short pier. Those people gave their lives for a "waste of money"? They were wasting their time when they were in space? They wasted, basicially, their lives? I don't think so. This guy has no grasp of the science they were exploring. Who the hell is he to say what they did was, essentially, worthless? Astronauts know they are potentially risking their lives to go into space and perform these experiments and complete their projects. After all, people have died before now. It's worth it, asshole. And I'd much rather my tax dollars went to this than, say, whatever dumb-ass war the Bushies want to start to deflect attention from the economy and the complete lack of capture of anyone involved in 9/11.



No comments:
Post a Comment