Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain...and most fools do.
- Benjamin Franklin

i'm in gryffindor!

Tuesday, April 01, 2003

Auugh!
It's snowing again. What melted away this morning in the early spring sun has been replaced with more cold whiteness. It's still lovely, but it's spring, dammit! It's beautiful, but I want to plant tulip bulbs!

I'm now concerned for the songbirds which were making such lovely noise a few days ago but are now silent. Frozen? And what about the robins? The first one showed mid-February, and I'm positive his little skeleton will be found behind a bush somewhere while we're clearing out the hedge, the giant, black crows in our neighborhood having cleaned off the edible bits a month ago. There were robins in the front yard last week, making it feel even more like spring. Now they're nowhere to be seen. I hope they grew sensible and flew back south until the weather up here is more reasonable to worm- and bug-eaters.

"Hey, it's Spring! snow snow snow April Fool's!"

Then again, I'm sure Frau Baker, my German teacher in high school, is very happy. She, her husband and her two children were all avid skiiers, weekending in the mountains well into the spring and telling smiling stories the Monday following of whatever jump or slalom her family went over. I miss Frau Baker. She was so nice. (And I was the best student in her class, beating out my class' valedictorian and my brother's class' valedictorian every quiz and test! Woo! I'd always get 100% plus all of the bonus points. During verbal quizzes, I'd finish so quickly Frau Baker and I would chat for a bit about languages before she sent me in to get the next student. Ah, the glory days of my youth.)

No comments: